Monday, October 3, 2011

Love will keep us alive...

Well, it's been a while since I updated this blog.  For some reason I just really felt the urge to do so today on the way home from work, but I had no idea what to write about.  I decided on one of the most important things in my life that seems to be avoided by so many people...

It started off as a joke with a few friends, but every time I hung up the phone, I started saying "I love you" just to throw people off.  This went on for a while when I started noticing that people were saying it to me before I even got the chance to.  Maybe they were turning the joke around on me, but it made me really start to think.  It really feels good to know when you are loved.  Actually, I really don't think there is any greater feeling in the world.  Now, I'm not talking about the "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" kind of love, because I've yet to stumble across that yet in these 25 short years.  I'm talking about the feeling you get when you know that someone is always there to support you no matter what, and the feeling of knowing that you would do whatever you can to do the same for them.  That feeling can get lost very easily in this mixed up world and it's easy to feel like you have nowhere to turn, or that you're alone in your struggles.  In the past few years, I've learned that I have an unbelievable number of people in my life that are willing to go out of their way to help me when I need it.  My support system consists of family and the best friends that I could ever ask for.  I know who I can ask to talk and who will be there when I just can't handle being by myself.  Even if it comes in the form of sitting around watching tv, or going out to have a few beers.  I know that I always have plenty of people that I can count on to come through.

I like to challenge myself a lot, and today I've decided to do just that.  Often times "I love you" starts to become 3 words that are just forced or said out of habit without much thought.  I've decided to start challenging myself to make a difference every day and proving it to those that I love through actions.  Even if it's something very small, I will start doing my part to start making the lives of others just a little bit better.  This may sound like the "hippie" in me showing, but if you know me well enough, you'll know that I truly don't care.  I hope anyone reading this can accept the same challenge and go out of their way to make sure that someone else has a better day.  You'll be amazed at the effect that it may actually have on yours.

Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment