Monday, August 22, 2011

If you feel just like a tourist in the city you were born, then it's time to go...

I'm sure that most of you know by now that at the beginning of September, I have decided to move to Bloomington and get away from Loogootee for a little while.  It's kind of bittersweet in a way, because I'm leaving a lot of good friends and people behind, but I really don't get the feeling that I belong in Loogootee at this point in my life.  I'm not sure if Bloomington is the answer either, but I'm willing to give it a try.  I'm majorly in need of a change in scenery, and the opportunity has come up for me to give it a chance. 

I will miss being this close to my siblings/neices/nephews/parents, but I really feel like this is the right move for me considering the state that I'm in at the moment.  I shifted all of my focus to my mental health a few months back, and that has worked wonders for my overall mindset and mood, but it's also put me into a sort of lull where forward motion wasn't really all that important.  I  need to get back on the track of figuring out what I want to do with myself, and that's not going to happen doing the same things that I've been doing for years.  The drastic changes are coming, and I hope I don't lose touch with many people as a result of it. 

I know it's been a while since I posted, and this one may just be telling you what you already knew, but thanks for reading.  I'll make a better effort to update more frequently.



1 comment:

  1. Enjoy this part of your journey! And take care of you!

    ReplyDelete