Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Give 'er the 'ole college try...

I've been mulling around the idea about going back to school in the back of my head for a while now.  I believe that I've come to the conclusion that it's time to get the pieces together and do it.  I plan on taking night courses and online courses for the spring semester so that it doesn't effect my performance at work.  I want to try to accomplish this goal while balancing my full time job along with it.  Plenty of people do this, why can't I?

I've decided that I want to major in Psychology and possibly a double major with Philosophy.  This may not seem too logical to you, but it's 2 things that I'm interested in, and I really think it would be good for me and help me gain a little better vision of my future.  I've been feeling called to do this for quite a while, and as I've mentioned in earlier posts, it's time to start taking more chances again and not playing it so safe all of the time. 

People ask how I would make money in either of these 2 fields.  It may take a lot of schooling, but I am the willing to give this a shot because I feel like it's something I need to do for myself.

That also opens up another can of worms.  I'm going to have to be able to become quite a hermit during this time to focus and keep up with my job.  You may be seeing a lot less of me, and you may see a large decline in the times that I can actually do things for entertainment. 

If anybody has any advice for me, I'm all ears.  Just don't get your feelings hurt when I disregard it and dive into something that I think could be great for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment