Wednesday, March 12, 2014

PE = mgh

I'm a black sheep by birth, a jackass by trade.
When opportunity knocks, I shoosh it away.
I spend all my time, just stayin' out late,
doin' all I can, to shame my own last name.

But I'm more than a name.
More than a fate.
More than a shot glass with another beer to chase.
I see all the time I've wasted, and every dream I've thrown away.
Now there's another life I'm after, and it's starting today.

Values are tested, morals are few.
You get what you pay for when life's all about you.
Intentions may be golden, but your actions show the truth,
and as long as you're still breathing, those reputations follow you.

But I'm more than a name.
More than a fate.
More than the perception that my life has been a waste.
And as long as I'm living, blood runnin' through my veins,
I'll be chasing my potential, no matter what gets in my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment